Apply for the Seals of Civic Action and Social Justice!
SEAL OF CIVIC ACTION
The Seal of Civic Action is a way for you to represent your skills, knowledge and commitment to engagement in civic life and service. The Seal is available to juniors and seniors who have demonstrated ongoing and consistent participation in:
- organizations/agencies whose missions center around community service and civic life
- actions/projects whose purposes center around community service and civic life
- leadership of one time or ongoing initiatives centered around community service and civic life
The Seal of Civic Action is administered by CCES and, if awarded, will appear on a recipient’s transcript. Please visit the Rubric for the Seal of Civic Action and the Seals Slide Deck for more information about requirements for this Seal. Questions? Please contact email@example.com
SEAL OF SOCIAL JUSTICE
The Seal of Social Justice is a way for you to represent your skills, knowledge and commitment to engagement in social justice issues. The Seal is available to juniors and seniors who have worked towards supporting traditionally marginalized communities on issues in at least one of the following fields:
● work related to anti-racism/racial equity
● work related to gender equity
● work related to equity around sexual orientation
● work related to equity around socio-economic class
● work related to issues of human rights
● work related to religious tolerance
● work related to ability rights
● work related to workers’ rights
● work related to immigration rights
● work related to climate change, environmental justice, or other sustainability issues
The Seal of Social Justice is administered by the NNHS Office of Human Rights and, if awarded, will appear on a recipient’s transcript. Please visit the Rubric for the Seal of Social Justice and the Seals Slide Deck for more information about requirements for this Seal. Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY (also see Deadlines, below):
1. Fill out our Google Form – Intention to Apply a few weeks before the deadline (see date below) indicate your interest and be added to our mailing list.
2. Not sure what should be in your Reflection? Review the information on each Seal, including the Rubrics for each Seal and Seals Slide Deck for more information (see links and info above). You may apply for one or both Seals.
3. Please submit your Reflection using this form. You MUST change your sharing settings to “anyone with link can view” when submitting a Google Doc.
4. Advice: aim to keep your reflections concise and organized. Here are some suggested lengths:
- Written: 2-4 pages double spaced
- Podcasts/videos – 4-6 minutes if you are working alone; 8-10 minutes if you collaborate with another applicant
- Slide decks – use your judgement, since slide decks can vary greatly based on amount of material per slide.
5. Need feedback on a draft or other support?
- Contact Ms. Kennedy at email@example.com for general questions,
- Ms. Leong at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Seal of Social Justice, or
- Ms. Wu at email@example.com or Ms. Yoffie at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Seal of Civic Action.
We can answer questions over email, look over drafts, and even set up a time to meet.
DEADLINES FOR 2023-2024:
- Fall 2023 Round (for current 12th Graders, Class of 2024 ONLY):
- Deadline to submit intention to apply (optional): Friday, November 3, 2023.
- Deadline for final reflections: Friday, December 1, 2023.
- Seal Recipients will be notified by mid-late December.
- Seals will be affixed to recipients’ NNHS transcripts.
- Spring 2024 Round (for members of the Classes of 2024 and 2025)
- Deadlines in March/April 2024 TBD